18 July 2022
As soon as once more it’s time to rely wild turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo) in Pennsylvania.
Yearly the PA Sport Fee conducts a statewide Wild Turkey Sighting Survey, July 1 to August 31, to gather information on the scale and make-up of our wild turkey inhabitants.
They ask for the general public’s assist to report what we see on the Turkey Brood Survey web site. It’s fairly simple to do.
- The survey runs from July 1 to August 31.
- Depend the turkeys you see and use the Survey web page to enter the information
- File the situation the place you see them.
- Depend “large” versus “little” birds — grownup vs juvenile.
- File the intercourse for all adults, if potential. (Seek the advice of the Wild Turkey Poster.)
- Don’t double rely. See the Survey web page for more information on this.
- Give some fundamental contact data in case PGC has questions.
Listed here are two images to provide you follow counting: (1) “Massive” and “Little” birds, and (2) Depend the flock.
What number of did you rely?
Get open air with the Wild Turkey Sighting Survey.
p.s. I worry there can be a low/zero rely of turkeys within the metropolis. They was plentiful in Frick and Schenley Parks however not anymore. I don’t know why.
(images from Wikimedia Commons; click on on the captions to see the originals)